Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Obama Inauguration

The Inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th Presdient is now over. The parade is winding down, and the balls will soon start. I watched both from the warmth of the living room of some of my friends - I wasn't about to brave the chaos and cold downtown. I'm home now, and have managed to download copies of Mr. Obama's speech, as well as some of the other speeches from today. I'm going to work on another post, witj much more detail, on how I see the Inauguration.

For now, we should all be grateful that we live in a Nation where power can be handed over so easily and so often. It does, cliche' though it is, show the world how great our nation can be.

2 comments:

Tom said...

I'm afraid that might turn out to be "... how great our nation was." if things proceed as usual.

Philip H. said...

You might be right, but for now I'm taking the view that a door has been cracked open to allow us to work back to greatness. I think we should seize the moment.